KDE Help Center does not open -- gives error

Peter Williams

Jul 22, 2008, 10:50:02 PM7/22/08
to ubun...@lists.ubuntu.com

Hi Fellow Ubuntu ppl, *SMILE*

I have noticed that 2 different applications which use the "KDE Help Center" when I attempt to open the "Help Handbook" (e.g. open the Help / Handbook pull-down menu) I get a error message in a window with an OK button {which closes the message window}

I have used the Synaptic Package Manager and re-installed the KDE Help Center -- but the error still occurs.

Error message window:

Could not launch the KDE Help Center:

Could not find service 'khelpcenter'

[OK] {button}

What is the best way for me to go about getting the KDE Help Center to work again. Note that in the past it HAS worked, but something has broken it :-(((

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)

noiesmo

Jul 23, 2008, 4:45:01 AM7/23/08
to Peter Williams, ubun...@lists.ubuntu.com
peter

khelpcenter has dependencies and I think they are not being met
automatically when you install

on the command line you can do apt-cache show khelpcenter and you will
get info on the package and dependencies etc.

you may have to install kde desktop to be able to use it

noiesmo